Sunday, May 06, 2007

Classic Balanchine

Boston Ballet did a pleasant and competent rendition of three works choreographed by Balanchine. Ballo Della Regina was upbeat and really fun, with the live orchestra performing Verdi. Both Valses Nobles and Sentimentales, and The Four Temperments were a little dark. Nobody stood up at the end to give a standing ovation. In fact the applause was pretty light. One of the dancers got caught in the curtain while exiting from the side. Ballerinas kindly reached in to extricate him and pull him up.

The company is offering a two-for-one special for some of next week's performances. Mention code GSBB241. Also a new subscriber special for the 2007-2008 season. $125 + $10 handling fee for five performances with side orchestra seating. That is a great deal! I am looking forward to seeing Giselle one week from today at the Wang Center. It is the final ballet of the 2006-2007 season and will run for two weeks.

1 Comments:

At March 01, 2008, Blogger histfan said...

March 2008
With the $135 season subscription I got absolutely awful seats. When I called subscriber services I was told that if I wanted to pay regular subscription rates for the rest of the season I could get slightly better seats. What are the chances that I would ever subscribe again?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home