Sunday, January 13, 2008

Claremont Trio and Family

I was lucky enough to be able to exchange a few words with Donna Kwong and Julia Bruskin of the Claremont Trio before their concert this afternoon at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum . They were as gracious as I would have expected. Then I chatted with Mr. Bruskin; the father of Emily, the violinist, and Julia, the cellist. He is a lawyer and amateur violist. He did not feel that Harvard, his alma matar, was supportive enough of his performance ambitions. Needless to say, he expressed no regrets that his daughters chose to enroll in the Columbia Julliard dual degree program, despite their having also been accepted at Harvard. The concert was great, but they always are. If you read my blog, then you know that the Claremont Trio is my absolutely favorite musical ensemble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home