Monday, June 12, 2006

Fogg Art Museum

After work I visited the Fogg Art Museum. It is one of my favorite destinations. There I saw an erudite docent who also attends conversation groups at the French Library. It is always a pleasure to talk about art with somebody as knowledgeable as her. She knows the collections at the Fogg and Sackler Art Museums at Harvard very well. We both enjoy their paintings by Ingres. She recommended that I request to see some of his works on paper at Harvard's Mongan Print Center.

After chatting with her I admired the temporary exhibit American Pastels and Watercolors 1875-1950 for the sixth time since it opened in April. June 24th will be the last day that it will be on display. The only temporary exhibit that I liked better at the Harvard University Art Museums was the Degas at Harvard. That was spellbinding. Too many people go to the blockbusters at the Museum of Fine Arts and never visit the Harvard Museums. They do not know what they are missing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home