Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Beethoven's Fourth Symphony

At Faneuil Hall the Boston Classical Orchestra performed their first ever all Beethoven concert. It was sold out at both performances. My generous friend treated a good friend of his and me to the concert and a lobster dinner afterwards. I was not familiar with Beethoven's Fourth Symphony and I really enjoyed it. It had some of the predictability and pleasant sound that pervades much of Haydn's compositions. The BCO also performed the Triple Concerto with the Boston Trio.

2 Comments:

At November 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm new to the area and really enjoy your website for its detailed suggestions on local attractions. However, I'm not familiar with Faneuil Hall. Are there many events held there, or is it basically a touristy area? Do you know if there are any concerts planned for the Christmas season?

 
At April 21, 2008, Blogger histfan said...

Enjoyed another all Beethoven concert yesterday at Faneuil Hall. The BCO performed his eighth symphony and a violin concerto featuring the soloist Linda Wang. My generous friend knows one of the cellists, Michael Curry. Michael was very impressed with Ms. Wang's performance yesterday as was the audience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home